Peter S. Christiansen is the founding partner and lead trial attorney at Christiansen Law Offices, a boutique firm focused exclusively on trying catastrophic personal injury cases and criminal matters, as well as fraud and business related disputes. A testament to Mr. Christiansen's advocacy skills, he is among the youngest attorneys ever to be inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers ("ACTL"), which is widely recognized as the preeminent organization of trial lawyers in North America. The mission of the ACTL is to maintain and improve standards of trial practice, professionalism, ethics and the administration of justice.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Nevada, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1994
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, Laramie, Wyoming
- J.D. - 00/1994
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California
- B.A. - 1991
- Major: Political Science
- State v. Maurice Sims
- United States Anti-Doping Agency v. Jon Jones
- Khiabani v. Motor Coach Industries et al.
- United States of America v. Noel Gage
- Jackie Templeton v. EPMG
- Marsha R. Gray, et al. v. Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Inc., et al.
- Dirk Eldredge v. Granite Construction
- United States of America v. James Hannigan, et al.
- State of Nevada v. James Hannigan, et al.
- United States of America v. Floyd Strickland, et al.
- United States of America v. Gary Harouff, et al.
- Mowen v. Walgreens
- State of Nevada v. Steve Shaw
- Defending a Criminal Case, National Business Institute, 2000 to 2001
- Adjuct Professor, Trial Advocacy, University of Nevada Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2019 to 2019
- Adjuct Professor, Opening Statements and Closing Arguments, University of Nevada Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2018 to 2018
- Adjuct Professor, Opening Statements and Closing Arguments, University of Nevada Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law, 2017 to 2017
- Instructor, State Bar of Nevada, Trial Academy
- Instructor, Trial Advocacy and Related Topics, Nevada Justice Association, Continuing Legal Education
Honors and Awards
- Nevada Supreme Court Rule 250 (Death Penalty) Qualified
- BV, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 1997 to Present
- Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice, 1997 to Present
- Clark County Bar Association, 1995 to Present
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, 1994 to 1994
- American Bar Association, 1994 to Present
- Nevada Justice Association, 1994 to Present
- Criminal Justice Act, Panel Attorney, 1999 to 2016
- Clark County Indigent Defense, Panel Attorney, 1995 to Present
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow, 2015 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Rawlings, Olson & Cannon, Associate, 1992 to 1995
- Eglet Wall Christiansen
Pro Bono Activities
- Active Participant in Clark County Legal Services Program, 00/2000 to 00/2001
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon