Las Vegas Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Trial Attorneys Handling Uber & Lyft Claims
Just within the last few years, rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft have exploded in popularity thanks to the convenience of their services and widespread use of smartphone technology. According to Uber, over 91 million people now use the app worldwide, a number that comprises 71 percent of the rideshare market. Though rideshare apps provide an easy way for commuters and tourists alike to get around and are extremely popular in destinations like Las Vegas, this also means that like any kind of transportation, there’s a risk of getting into a car accident.
Claims involving major tech companies like Uber can be complex to navigate and you shouldn’t handle them on your own, especially if it’s your first time experiencing a legal issue. If you’ve been injured in an Uber or Lyft driver, don’t hesitate to call Christiansen Trial Lawyers. Our Las Vegas rideshare accident attorneys have handled personal injury claims for over 25 years and have the trial experience needed to protect your rights in court if it comes down to it.
What To Do After a Rideshare Accident
Car accidents are traumatizing and can happen in an instant, so it’s natural if you’re feel shaken and anxious in the aftermath. If you want to protect your rights and have an opportunity to recover compensation, though, it’s important that you follow certain steps and involve our team of trial lawyers as soon as possible.
After you’ve pulled over to the side of the road safely, follow the following steps:
- Call the authorities to file a report and seek medical attention: The authorities can respond to the scene of the accident to question all involved about what happened, which goes into their crash report. They can also get you medical attention if you’ve been injured. Make sure to get your symptoms and injuries assessed by a professional even if you’re not in pain, as injuries can worsen in the hours and days to come.
- Document your accident: Anyone involved in a motor vehicle accident should document as much of the accident scene as possible so the evidence can be used to protect their rights in a personal injury claim. Information you should collect includes photos of the accident and your injuries, witness statements, and driver information. You should also try to collect rideshare-specific information such as the route the driver was taking at the time and whether they were carrying passengers.
- Hire an attorney: When you hire us, we can immediately take over the investigation and work with the resources at our disposal, from reconstructionists to analysts, in order to collect the evidence we need to bolster your claim. We can also file a report with the rideshare company involved and handle communication with insurance companies on your behalf.
You might feel tempted to handle your claim on your own, but know that these tech giants have their own investigation teams and lawyers who are prepared for these types of accidents and are ready to defend the company from taking responsibility. You deserve to be represented by a firm that isn’t afraid to face these kinds of entities.
Can Uber & Lyft Pay My Damages?
Were you an Uber or Lyft passenger at the time of the accident? The good news is that you may have your damages covered up to $1 million by Uber and Lyft’s liability insurance policy. If you were another driver or passenger involved in an accident, whether or not you can be covered depends on what the driver’s activity was looking like at the time of the accident. Uber and Lyft’s commercial insurance coverage is divided into three periods.
Period One: App Wasn’t in Use
If the driver was using their vehicle and their app isn’t turned on, this means they were using their vehicle for personal use. In these accidents, the driver’s personal insurance policy will apply. This can pose a challenge for victims because in Nevada, drivers are only required to carry %25,000 per person per accident in insurance and $20,000 liability coverage for property damage.
Period Two: App is In Use but Without Passengers
When the driver is logged into their app but hasn’t yet accepted passengers, their personal insurance policy will be accessed first, though excess damages can be covered by the company’s insurance policy, which provides up to $50,000 for injuries or deaths of one person in an accident. When two or more people are injured or killed, the policies extend to $100,000 in coverage.
Period Three: App is In Use and Transporting Passengers
Finally, if the rideshare driver was working and carrying passengers at the time of the crash, Uber and Lyft’s liability insurance is the primary policy and covers up to $1 million in damages and up to $2 million in accidents where two or more people have been injured or killed.
Uber and Lyft classify their drivers as independent contractors and not employees so they can avoid liability. However, when you call us, our lawyers can use our knowledge and services to investigate your accident and see whether the company can be held partly liable.
Protect Your Rights After a Rideshare Accident
Being involved in a rideshare accident can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. It's important to remember that you have rights and options to seek compensation for your injuries and damages. At Christiansen Trial Lawyers, our experienced Las Vegas rideshare accident attorneys are here to guide you through the legal process and fight for the justice you deserve.
When you choose us to represent you, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident to determine liability
- Collect evidence, including witness statements and accident reports
- Work with experts to assess the extent of your injuries and damages
- Negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive a fair settlement
- Take your case to trial if necessary to secure maximum compensation
Don't let the complexities of rideshare accident claims intimidate you. Our skilled trial attorneys have a proven track record of success in handling Uber and Lyft claims. We understand the unique challenges these cases present and will fight tirelessly to protect your rights and hold the responsible parties accountable.
Take the first step towards justice by contacting our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers today. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and provide you with the guidance and support you need during this difficult time. Remember, we are real lawyers for real accidents.
For quality legal services in English or Spanish, reach out to our firm at (702) 357-9977. Our rideshare accident attorneys have helped injured clients in Las Vegas and throughout Nevada since 1995.