R. Todd Terry
Born in Denver, Colorado, Todd received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of Utah in 1994. Todd received his law degree from Quinnipiac College School of Law in Hamden, Connecticut, in 1997. During law school, Todd was a member of the Probate Law Journal and served as its Supervising Editor. He was the recipient of the IOLTA Scholarship. He also received the award for Distinguished Academic Achievement in commercial law and superior classroom performance for his law school career. He was a member of the Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity.
After passing the Nevada bar examination in 1997, Todd worked as an associate attorney at large insurance defense firm where he defended cases of medical malpractice and employment discrimination. In 1998, Todd joined a civil litigation firm where he practiced both insurance defense and prosecuted cases on behalf of injured individuals and their families. Since that time, Todd’s interest has been prosecuting personal injury cases.
Between 2002 and 2013, Todd was a partner in two different law firms where he focused on prosecuting personal injury cases on behalf of injured individuals and their families. His firms also represented several corporations defending cases involving premises liability, pharmaceutical negligence and negligent security.
Todd is admitted to practice in the State Courts of Nevada and the United States District Court for the District of Nevada. He is also a member of the United States Court of Federal Claims, the American Trial Lawyers Association, the Nevada Justice Association and served on the Spring Valley Town Advisory Board from 2002 to 2008 including a two year term as chairman.
Todd’s outside interests include spending time with his family and golf.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Employment Discrimination
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut - 1997
- Honors: IOLTA Scholarship
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity
- Honors: Distinguished Academic Achievement in commercial law
- Law Journal: Probate Law Journal, Supervising Editor
- University of Utah - 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- United States Court of Federal Claims, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Nevada Justice Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Eglet Wall Christiansen